Welcome New Students
Getting Started with Be in Awe Yoga
In Ann Arbor
Welcome to Ann Arbor’s Be In Awe Yoga Center! We offer a broad spectrum of yoga experiences, including:
- Private Sessions in Hatha Yoga – for individuals and small groups
- Private “Finding Your Voice” Sessions based on the Yoga of Sound
- Yoga Classes -Drop-ins welcome
- Yoga Workshops and Courses
- Ann Arbor Michigan Yoga Retreats
Trying yoga for the first time?
Yoga is for everyone—regardless of age or physical condition. If you’re new to yoga, we recommend that you book a private session. Or, if you prefer, register for our Yoga 1 course, our Complete Beginners’ Course, or our beginner’s Yoga 1 Weekend Intensive.
We follow an ancient yoga teaching tradition
Yoga opens the way to good health by gently harmonizing, purifying and strengthening the body and mind. Our own teachings are rooted in a classical approach dating back more than 5,000 years.
The 5 things you should know about yoga.
Based on the higher values of life, the practice of yoga involves 5 basic principles:
(1) Proper Exercise (Asanas) keeps the body youthful by improving flexibility, increasing strength and stimulating circulation in the joints, spine, muscles, ligaments and tendons.
(2) Proper Breathing (Pranayama) connects the body to the solar plexus, the storehouse of an enormous reserve of energy. Improved breathing and greater moment-to-moment awareness of breath can help overcome stress and depression.
(3) Proper Relaxation (Savasana) not only helps relieve muscular tension, breathlessness and other stress-related symptoms but also helps you develop resistance to the ever-increasing stress factors of daily life.
(4) Proper Diet—that is to say a simple, natural, easily digested vegetarian diet—promotes health while imposing the least harm on other living beings and the environment.
(5) Positive Thinking and Meditation (Vedanta and Dhyana) settle the mind, calm negative thoughts and promote a state of inner peace.
Start learning yoga now and experience the benefits for yourself.
Register today for a private session, class, workshop or retreat.